The SALESmanago Marketing Calendar is a simple, functional tool that you can use to organise work on a marketing campaign.
Its functions remain useful at every stage of a campaign, are easy to learn and use. You can use it to view and plan your course of action, set mailings to be sent at a specified time etc.
HOW TO USE THE MARKETING CALENDAR
or to change pages.
To the right, you can find the Refresh and Settings buttons. After pressing the latter, you can specify which task types to display  and filter them based on their owner .
TIP: New tasks appear in the calendar after Refreshing.
Planned tasks are shown as coloured task labels.
The marketing calendar displays three types of tasks: mailing, import and export.
On each task label, you can find the exact hour, type and description of the task it belongs to.
TIP: In order to see the detailed view of a task click its label. A small window will open with an option to display all available details and an option to delete that task . Note that Export/Import tasks can not be deleted this way.
In the Details section, you can view detailed information on a task, according to its type.
An example view of an export task:
- Progress: file name ,
- Time when the export started  and ended ,
- The user who performed the export ,
- Export data range ,
- Information on whether Details  or Tags  were imported,
- A list of included  and excluded  contacts.
You can also view the repository from this window.
An example view of a mailing task:
- creation  and sending  date,
- message name ,
- open rate , click through rate , click through open rate ,
- the number of opted-out contacts , addressees , emails sent ,
- the number of soft  and hard  bounces,
- the number of messages flagged as spam , unsent messages  and filtered messages .
An example view of an import task:
- the number of records found ,
- the number of imported , updated , invalid , and duplicate  contacts in the file.
The Details button  will redirect you to the import analytics window.
SCHEDULING MAILING IN THE MARKETING CALENDAR
An especially useful function of the calendar is Schedule, which, as the name implies, allows you to schedule and configure mailing to commence at a set time. You can begin to use this function by clicking the green strip on the right side of the screen. Then drag the icon and drop it on a day you want to schedule mailing for.
A window will open where the following parameters can be specified:
- Scheduled date ,
- Recipient email group ,
- Email template being used ,
- Subject line ,
- Sending Account ,
- Choose the optimal sending time  for active contacts (turned off by default) or specify at what time the message will be sent ,
- Select contacts  (by name, email, phone, tag etc.)
- Exclude contacts  (by name, email, phone, tag etc.)
- Custom filtering ,
- Message preview 
IMPORTANT: Scheduled mailing is sent and queued on an outgoing server upon being added to the schedule. Any subsequent changes will not apply to scheduled messages. For example. to add new addresses, or change the subject, you have to delete the queued email and then schedule a new one, with changed settings. The only exception from this is message content, which you can change freely until the mailing is sent. To cancel a scheduled mailing, go to E-mail Marketing → Sent Email Analytics, select the checkbox show scheduled mailing and click Delete next to the message.
TIP: You can preview a message by clicking the miniature in the top right corner of the mailing settings window. A preview will open in a new browser tab.